Friday, July 6, 2012

Spray Paint...

This post is dedicated to anyone who has ever questioned the value of a can of spray paint!

The thought of buying a new fireplace screen was not an option because my husband and I were newly married and newly home owners and well you know the money for 'important' items like fireplace screens is just not available...

With that being said, ours was pretty bad – typical CHEEP builder-grade brass that was discolored and spotty beyond polish. After a trip to Lowes for a $5 can of flat black Rustoleum heat tolerant spray paint and the realization that it would not look any worse, I began my 30 minute DIY project!


Wash, air dry, and spray... that is it! After 4 years of repeated use it still looks great!



The fireplace screen project got me hooked... and so my love affair with spray paint began.



Another very cheep, builder-grade, tired brass item that just had to go and another can of spray paint did the trick, but this time the color was flat white. The white candle stick holders were very yellowed and so those were replaced for about $2.


This DIY project was a damaged and very dated mirror that was in desperate need of a face lift and the choice was BRIGHT - gloss turquoise!! There was a trick to this project... I was not able to take the mirror out of the frame because of several old nails that started to break the frame as I removed them. So, I placed sheets of paper between the frame and the glass until the entire mirror was covered... when the paint dried all I had to do was remove the paper - that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment